Cauliflower...what?

I've had a crazy week. My week started by hosting my beautiful lady friends for a Sunday brunch. Those girls know how to eat! They brought fruit trifle with strawberry whipped cream, egg/ham cups with little cheese hearts, maple bacon, jam tarts, banana bread, Sunday ceasars with bacon vodka, potato/cheese scramble, crepes complete with nutella & bananas, gluten-free blueberry muffins & I contributed with a gluten-free breakfast pizza. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of it, but it got great reviews & I would certainly make it again! I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust mix - success! I added oregano, basil & thyme to the mix before I baked it. Then I scrambled eggs, cooked turkey sausage, onions, mushrooms & peppers, and added them to the top, grated some cheddar, threw it in the over and VOILA! Anyway - back to the crazy week - I spent the week in camp in Fort McMurray. It's pretty much a second home for me so there was very little for home cooking. By the time I got home this afternoon at 3:30pm - I was in serious need some of kitchen time. 

I felt like pizza but binged on chocolate so I didn't want to eat anything that was going to make me feel worse! I've been wanting to try making a cauliflower pizza crust. So, here goes:

Cauliflower Pizza Crust 
*I didn't really measure and maybe that was my downfall this time...
~ 2.5 cups of cauliflower
~3/4 cup mozza cheese
2 cloves of garlic
oregano
basil
thyme
egg whites (in the carton)

Grate your cauliflower or put it in a food processor. Don't puree it, or else it will be too mushy for this recipe. Put the cauliflower in the microwave for approximate 7 - 8 minutes. Remove from the microwave, add the cheese, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme and egg whites. Press the mixture onto a well greased pizza sheet. Bake for approximately 15 - 20 minutes at 400F. 

Add whatever toppings you liked - I used pizza sauce, chicken breast, green peppers, mushrooms, red onion and mozza cheese. Broil it until the cheese is melted.

So, the review - it tastes good! However, the crust turned out a bit mushy. I am not entirely sure why. I think I might have used too much egg this time because it was too moist. I even baked it for a bit longer but it didn't quite set. So, I am thinking that I should have taken the advice of other sites saying to use almond flour or coconut flour. But regardless - well worth a try! 

Pizza Pizzaz!

YUM for Friday night pizza!!! :)) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Random Ramblings