Saturday Dinner

I love hosting dinners. Love it! So, after my week of cooking deprivation, I invited my BFF over for dinner! Here is the menu:


Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
1 pork tenderloin, butterflied
Sundried tomatoes
2 Artichoke hearts
Fresh Spinach
1/3 of an onion 
2 garlic cloves
Nutmeg
Lemon juice 
Lemon zest
Egg


Butterfly your pork and set it aside. Dice the onion (I used yellow), chop the sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and press the garlic cloves into a heated frying pan. Make sure to use some oil so things don't stick! Saute everything until the onions are translucent. Add your lemon zest & lemon juice to taste as well as your nutmeg. Set it aside to cool. Once cooled, add the egg to act as a sort of glue. Spread the mixture onto your tenderloin. Close it up with butcher string & bake it at approximately 350 - 375 for about 30 minutes or until tender. 
*My apologies for the lack of measurements, I just eyeballed it & tasted it to see how it was. 
While the filling was cooling, I felt like making something lemony. So, I found this "paleo" friendly Lemon Curd at http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2009/05/tangy-lemon-curd-honey-sweetened-and-dairy-free.html. I am not paleo to be clear but if anyone cares.... See my version of the recipe below.


Lemon Curd
3 eggs
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
6 tablespoons coconut oil


In a pot on medium low heat, whisk together your first 3 ingredients. Then, add your lemon juice and coconut oil. Make sure to break up your coconut oil to ensure that it melts into the mixture evenly. Continue to whisk the mixture over medium heat until it has thickened. Once thickened, transfer to serving dishes and garnish. Refrigerate for about an hour or longer - then ENJOY!!!
*the recipe above recommends you strain the curd - I would probably agree. I didn't & the curd was grainy but still delicious.

Comments

  1. The pudding looks very scrumptious! Also really like your chicken styled salt & pepper shakers. Adore using agave nectar in my food. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!