Saturday Night Kitchen Party: Part 2

And it continued....


My grandpa is AWESOME. I seriously love that man. He's been eating Roger's Porridge mix since 1984. I am not kidding you. We discussed this on my last visit. He has been eating this mix everyday since 1984, and he even buys it in bulk and drives it down to Phoenix, AZ with him. I am not exaggerating, and not at all joking. He is 86 years old, still drives, still golfs and still gets goofy. That's proof that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No effin' around. When I was in Safeway on one of my many shops, I walked by this epic porridge mix and couldn't leave it on the shelf. I took a bag home with me (I paid, don't worry).


I've adapted the recipe that was on the back of the bag shown in the picture. These cookies aren't pretty and to be honest - I am not even sure how they taste baked. Side bar - I don't eat my own cooked products unless it's cooking. The baking doesn't interest me. Do I eat the unbaked product and the chocolate chips that go into the creations - YES. Just not the finished product. Weird... I know. I'll eat other people's baking and sometimes my car even takes itself to bakeries and forces me to buy cookies and I eat those, just not my own. Since my roommate moved out, I haven't had anyone to immediately try my items so I apologize if you make these and they taste like poop. 


Here goes. In the name of my grandpa (whom I LOVE), we will call these, Gordon's Cookies! I hope they taste good or it will be a disgrace to grandpa and his porridge mix!


Gordon's Cookies
1 cup whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp peanut butter
1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I think I used a bit less because it's all I had)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups Roger's Porridge Mix


Mix the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon together and set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the peanut butter, applesauce, brown sugar and vanilla together. Add the Roger's Porridge Mix, then the flour mixture. 
Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350F for approximately 15 minutes. 


I realized as I wrote this, I forgot eggs. DAMMIT. I think this needs 2 eggs. Disgrace. Sad face. 
At this point, he's been eating Roger's Porridge for 1 year.


Happy Saturday!! xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Feelin' Festive