Saturday Night Kitchen Party

So, when I posted last night, I thought that my baking for the weekend was over! I was SO wrong. After sitting in a classroom for the last 2 days, I guess I needed some expression of creativity! I cranked the tunes, pulled out the cook books and got down to work!


First up!


Pumpkin Oat Muffins adapted from http://sweetandnatural.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/pumpkin-banana-oat-muffins
My version:
1 can pumpkin (not the pie filling, we're talking straight up pumpkin)
1 cup of applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flax meal
2/3 cup agave nectar
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup Rogers Porridge Mix (or oats of any type is fine, this is just what I had)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (also added nutmeg and cloves)
2 eggs


Mix all of your wet ingredients together (I am sure you know the difference between wet and dry). Then, mix all of your dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. Mix until blended. Add a cup of chocolate chips to dress it up if you like! 


Bake at 375F for approximately 17 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!