***Happy Birthday Dear Nana!***

A while back, I asked for requests to give me some baking/cooking inspiration. I got but one (Well, now I have 2 - Faye... your peppermint patties are coming, I bought all the stuff for them)! My nana a.k.a Grandma requested Maple Walnut Muffins. So, this past weekend, I made the woman some Maple Walnut Muffins to fulfill her request and recognize her March birthday, albeit belated!


Maple Walnut Muffins as found here:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup real maple syrup (not Aunt Jemima)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk (I only had almond milk, it worked just fine!)
1/2 walnuts (please use more! there weren't enough!)


1.In one bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt together. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs and stir in the delicious maple syrup.
3. Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture. Stir. It will seem really runny. Fold in your walnuts.
4. Pour batter into lined muffin tins.
5. Bake for approx 20 minutes at 375F. 
6. Let cool
7. Give them to your Nana! :)


Nana said that they were good! Hope you think so too! :)


PS. I am totally posting about my penpal this week. And I totally signed up for April again. O.M.G I am excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!