Who needs TV when you have food blogs!?

As you have probably guessed by my title - I don't do the TV thing very often. I have made 4 phone calls to Telus and it took 4 calls before I was firm on my choice to give up the TV! Every time I called they would offer me deals, movie channels, faster internet, etc. etc. and I would cave - keep my TV and then again, never watch it. And seriously, who needs TV when you can get on the internet and surf all of the food blogs your little heart (or stomach) desires! There's a whole world of them out there... You start on one and it leads you to the next, then the next, and so on and so forth and next thing you know it - you've bookmarked 5 new sites, have 10 internet windows opened, 16 new recipes chosen to make and 2 hours has flown by like nothing! 

And now...for (one of) today's creation!

Slow Cooker Applesauce - sans sugar! sans sweetening!
12 granny smith apples, cored and sliced
2 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg 
1 tsp cloves
2 tsp lemon juice
Slow Cooker circa 1990s

Get out your slow cooker. I greased mine with a bit of coconut oil.

Core your apples and slice them up however you like. Throw them into your slow cooker, then add your spices, and lemon juice.

Turn on your slow cooker - mine was on high for about 2 hours.

Once your apples are cooked and mushy and fragrant from the spices - blend either in a processor or with a hand blender if you want it nice and smooth.

Let it cool and sprinkle it with some walnuts, sliced almonds or maybe just eat it plain! Love it because it's good for you and because it tastes good (or so I thought)!

You could get fancy and can it if you want!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Feelin' Festive