Day #1/#21

I debated announcing that I was going to make a solid effort at the 21 Day Detox. The diet is relatively simple minus the no refined sugar thing and pretty much no fruit (except a green apple or unripe banana). I debated saying anything because of my fear of failure but I also realize that perhaps by telling people I am doing it - it will make me more accountable. Yes, I did the Wild Rose Cleanse back in February, and felt great about 10 days into it. After I was finished it - I proceeded to stress eat and pretty much treat my body like a trash can. My obsession/preoccupation of the times have been bridge mixture and chocolate covered almonds. It's been really bad. So, enough is enough. I need to take control of my life and eating again. 


So, today... This is how it went. I had to run for my half marathon. I ran 12.5km. I was supposed to run 14km and then started playing with my watch and screwed things up for myself! Anyway, the run was a challenge today, but easier once I passed the 40 minute mark. I tried out a new route and it was actually really great so I'll do it again! :)


Meals:
PreRun Breakfast 
2 eggs, fried in coconut oil and sprinkled with chili peppers, salt and pepper
2 pieces of turkey salami
4 -5 baby tomatos
1/4 advocado
1 cup coffee with almond/cashew cream





Post Run
Sweet potato smoothie
1/2 cup sweet potato
1 cup coconut milk
ice cubes
nutmeg and cinnamon
Blend together. Drink.
*This would be better as a Yam or Pumpkin
1 oz spiced nuts

Lunch
Jambalaya


Snack
White pear herbal tea
Raw veggies (snap peas, yellow, orange & red peppers, celery, carrots)


Cheat (bad me on Day #1)
Starbucks coffee blended with soy (no soy allowed)


Dinner
Jambalaya
Sauteed zuchinni with onion and garlic


Snack
Applesauce
Herbal tea


2.5 litres of water


Feeling good!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Random Ramblings