1/2 Marathon & Foodie Penpal

Big News people! I did it, I did it, I did it! I finished my very first (and likely last) half marathon on Sunday! It was a challenge to say the very least but one I'm very happy I did. I don't know that I'll run 21km again but am so happy to be able to say that I did it. My friend Kate (World TriAthlete, no big deal) ran with me and acted as my own personal pace car. I aimed to run it in 2:10 - 2:15 and ended up running it in 2:02. It was AMAZING. I surprised myself with the results but a part of me is wondering how I would have done if I hadn't scaled back the training in the last few weeks! Nevertheless - what a great sense of accomplishment! Thank you to everyone who supported me! I feel so loved! Want to see some moments of me in my misery & joy?! Visit here. It really captures things perfectly - when it looks like it might cry, it's because I almost did. HA!

Ok - on to other things... Foodie Penpal time! Helllllls yeah! I got a nice person named Anna who writes this blog. You can check to see what I sent her there. In return, I was lucky enough to get matched up with Kelly, who writes this blog. Here gift was great! She sent me (sorry for the poor photo quality):
  • Barley Pancake mix from a local place in Ontario
  • Green Peppercorns
  • Tomato Paste
  • BBQ Sauce
I used the BBQ sauce on some BBQ chicken on Saturday night which was fantastic. I love BBQ chicken & it's even better with a really good sauce! I made the pancakes post - race on Sunday for Kate, Jackie & myself. They were soooo good. I added some mixed berries to them & made enough to freeze for this weekend's girl's brunch (OMG, so excited - getting pics this time). Jealous??? Yeah, you should be.


May Foodie Penpal!

Haven't got your foodie penpal YET!? Ok, seriously...for the last time (not)...DO IT. Visit Lindsay's site The Lean Green Bean and please get in on the action. My friend Srimanti has finally made the jump because I lured her in my sending her a foodie box a couple weeks ago. Seriously guys, who doesn't love getting packages in the mail!?

Here are the details....it's simple, and more importantly - it's fun! I look forward to it every month!
Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!

***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved!

Big sorry for the slacking in the kitchen! I can't make promises I'll get back to it with all of the AWESOME summer plans that I have coming along but I will keep this up in some capacity. Girl's Potluck Brunch is happening on Sunday & I am so excited. Have I mentioned to you all that I really do have the most amazing bunch of friends - strong, beautiful, funny, intelligent, independent, (pregnant - OMG I get to be an honorary auntie), women! I love them. I really do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!