June Foodie Penpal

YAY! It's that time again. Yup - FOODIE PENPAL TIME!!! I know the last few months you've had to hear me rant and rave about how amazing I think this is and this time will be no different. I came back from Las Vegas and had a package waiting for me. A package full of FOOD! I love food and I love mail. You can't go wrong. Why haven't you joined up yet!? Here's the deal...visit Lindsay over here to sign up and then follow these fool proof instructions.

Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved!

Ok, so now that the business stuff is out of the way - let's talk about what Amanda from Sherwood Park sent me. It was AWESOME. She doesn't have a blog but man oh man, she sent some cool stuff! 
She sent me the following amazing little gifts:
AWESOME!
  • Clean Eating Magazine - PERFECT because I love getting food related reads
  • Love Grown Simply Oats - haven't tried them but they look delish!
  • PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - ok, seriously - did she know how much I love peanut butter!? I really have wanted to try this stuff so I'm more than ecstatic about it. I'll give a review once I do! 
  • Chocolatey Mint Black Tea - she said it helps curb her sugar cravings. I'm pumped to try it out when my sugar monster rears it's head. I need all the help I can get!
  • Quest Bar Chocolate Brownie - I ate it as soon as I opened the package because I was starved and it was so, so, so good!
  • Justin's Almond Butter & Chocolate Peanut Butter - we have a real problem... I ate the chocolate peanut butter today and it appears I'm going to have to order some online if I can't find it in Calgary. I'm in love. It might even replace nutella - which is shocking because I LOVE nutella. A lot.
 I sent a "Kyla Survival Kit" to Deanna who lives in Victoria. You can check it out here!
  • Homemade raspberry jam from the Farmer's Market
  • Chocolate covered almonds - these are my nemesis lately 
  • Dark chocolate with sea salt
  • Coconut Date Bar from the Farmer's Market - so good and not too bad for you!
  • Nutella
I'm hoping she enjoyed it! She wrote me to say she was sick when she received it and wanted to wait for when she was feeling better to try it all. Hopefully she feels better now! :)

Cannot wait for next month! I'm excited to shop!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!