Miss Me?

Happy Saturday Everyone! It's my first day back to reality and well, it's sort of sad. Jana and I left "Sin City" yesterday and really didn't want to! We had way too much fun! The weather was incredibly beautiful, the company was good and we had a very much needed get away. I'd like to tell you that we saw some crazy shows....or that we shopped our brains out....but in all honesty - it was a lot of relaxing by the pool, reading our smutty books (50 Shades of Grey - I cringe when I admit that) and then heading out on the town in the evenings for some good food and some drinks. I would also like to tell you that we have pictures, but we had a phone casualty where all of my pictures were housed. There are no pictures save a lone one of a martini I drank at the Wynn. I was trying to be fancy. :P

So on the menu today after 4 solid days of drinking and eating to my heart's content was soup chalk full of vegetables. It's uber healthy and I'm hoping it restores me! :)

Fresh Beet Borsht - taken from the Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox Cookbook for Cleansing by Terry Willard
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion, diced - I used a yellow one
1 tsp caraway seeds
2 cups green cabbage, shredded
2 cups beets, grated

6 cups vegetable stock or water - I used stock
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh dill
1 tsp majoram or basil - I used basil
salt & pepper

Take out your pot, add your olive oil. Saute your onion, add the caraway seeds and then add the cabbage. Cook this mixture until the cabbage is softened. Add the stock and beets. Cook this uncovered for 15 minutes, don't let it boil. Once you've done that - add the lemon juice, dill, basil and salt and pepper. Then eat it and feel super healthy! :)

Mmmmmm.....healthy!

What led me to the borscht soup!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Feelin' Festive