No Food Here!

Good day to you! I've been pondering this blog project. I was even narcissistic enough to go back and read through my own blogs. Yeah - I did that. I saw some spelling mistakes and some poor use of grammar (Ceara, I know you teach English - so please nevermind... :P), and I realized that holy sh*t I talk about my friends so much. I talk about myself and I talk about my friends. I talk about my friends SO much that you might think that I just got friends or something - you know, like getting a new puppy or a new car and you're so excited that you can't not talk about it. OK - to set the record straight, the large majority of my friends are "long term". There's no f*cking around when it comes to friendship. I've had some friend break ups which are, almost worse than breaking up with a boy; and still mourn the loss of those friendships from time to time. I've had tiffs with friends, we've made up. Some of you who read this and who have been my biggest fans and biggest supports are those people. You know who you are, and I'd like to tell you that I'm happy we "kissed and made up." I've had friends who've dropped out of my life for no reason and then magically show back up in my life at the most perfect time and we've rebuilt/recreated a new friendship with lots of cool history. You know who you are when I say this as well! 2011 was a big year of re-connection! Now, I suppose you're wondering where the H I'm going with this..... I'm going somewhere - kinda. 


"Ok Kyla, Blah, blah, blah we get it... you have friends." (Insert slow clap) "What about your family - like people you're related to?" Yes, I have a family! I have 2 beautiful younger sisters. I have an Aunt, Uncle and 3 cousins I've become closer with (LOVE YOU GUYS!). I have a Nana (my dad's mom) who I see monthly. I have a Grandpa (mom's dad) who is very special to me that I see 1 - 2X a year (OMGISEEHIMINAUGUSTIMEXCITED), a mom that I'm not particularly close with and those are about it for blood related that I'm in constant contact with. Yup - it's a small family unit.
Family, by definition is:

fam·i·ly

1.
a.
a basic social unit consisting of parents and theirchildren, considered as a group, whether dwellingtogether or not: the traditional family.
b.
a social unit consisting of one or more adults togetherwith the children they care for: a single-parent family.
2.
the children of one person or one couple collectively: Wewant a large family.
3.
the spouse and children of one person: We're taking thefamily on vacation next week.
4.
any group of persons closely related by blood, as parents,children, uncles, aunts, and cousins: to marry into a sociallyprominent family.
5.
all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor. 
(find the definition here)


Reading through all these - I struggle to find one that perfectly fits what I have built to be my family. See, this is where the friends come in and why I'm always blabbing about them, my friends are my family! Family is really, at the end of the day, what you make it. I have many wonderful people in my life. I've made some friends for, what I hope to be, life. These people are a part of my family. They hold special places in my heart. They each bring something wonderful to my life. I've learned a lot about different things from each of them. I sometimes take a quick review of my life and STOP (HAMMER TIME), and think - "HOLY EFFFFFFFFFF...how did I get so lucky???, for serious...me?? This lucky? WOW. HOLY SMOKES."


So, to each member of my family - blood or not - remember how loved you are! I am forever and ever grateful for the friendship, for the laughter, for the tears, the drama, the phone calls, the texts, the emails, the stories, the support, the meals, the thoughtful presents, the random text that lifts me up exactly when I need it, the trips, the memories, etc. etc. Just thank you for EVERYTHING! And if ever, you need anything - you know where to find me. Guess you'll have to read this to know that though - BAHAHAHAHA (evil laugh).


LOVE YOU ALL TODAY and ALWAYS! xoxo


from http://www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

Any resemblance to the above picture? HOLY SH*T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!