Missing In Action!

Good Day My Faithful Followers!
It has been brought to my attention by the best reader EVER, that it's been a while since I've posted anything! And, I KNOW! I'm sorry Faye and whoever else here just dying to read about me! :)

This summer, for the record, has been maybe the best summer of my life. In fact, I think Bryan Adams sang about this....but it was called Summer of '69. So, it's not 1969, but it is 2012 and it is AWESOME. So just a little recap about what I've been up to: May - Half Marathon was the big event, June - Trail Race & Vegas Trip with my Everything Friend (xoxoxox), July - Waterton Camping Trip, Stampede Fun, Stampede 7s, Rebekah's Stagette Fun, Trail Race, Mud Hero,
August - Visit with my Gramps in BC, Cousin Kirby got married, and then in the next weeks.... Spartan Race &New Brunswick is coming up!

This only includes the highlights, this doesn't even begin to include all of the other cool random moments I've had, laughter I've shared, pure joy I've felt & the other cool stuff coming down the line. Seriously...I have it SO good. Like really good. Life. Is. Good. YAY!

So, I took a mini amount of time for myself last night and still need some more tonight if I can! I am tired. My body is tired, my mind is tired - I've been pushing myself a lot! Don't get me wrong - I just had a week off work...had the most amazing visit with my grandpa where all I did was sleep, eat, read books and golfed. Then, I got the honor of being invited to the Spa Day with the girls and the wedding for my cousin Kirby. SIDE NOTE: She is a beauty! I am so very blessed to have her, her brothers & my Aunt & Uncle in my life. I love them all - very much! And now, what's really cool...is that I get another new cousin! Welcome Andy! You're alright! :)

Ok so, back to last night - I decided that after my week off of eating, eating, drinking, eating, drinking, drinking, eating (you get the idea).... I am going to cut any refined sugar. Thus far - Day #1 SUCCESS!! I went to Crossfit, had the most amazing workout! I even got a little private session with the coach after to work on getting my max weight on Front Squat (173 pounds btw) and Deadlift (233 pounds). I'm hoping in a few months from now that those numbers will be higher because I've decided that the show must go on! I'm addicted to Crossfit. In love. Ok, wow - keep on track Kyla!! So, with the deciding to cut sugar & feel healthy came a little creativity. The other evening I picked up some bacon and some ground pork. My original intention was to make some burgers with bacon in them but instead stumbled across this recipe. My creation was inspired by this but was not nearly as eleborate but delicious nevertheless & I am, as Ceara mentioned, supporting the pork industry which in turn supports her parents! YAY ME. For lack of creativity and inspired by what I ate at Model Milk with Jessie last week, I've decided to call this Pig Loaf. The picture is awful but trust me when I say it tastes good!

Pig Loaf
Approximately 1 pound ground pork
1 package frozen spinach, unthawed and drained
1/2 onion  diced - can be white or red, whatever you prefer
4 - 5 strips of bacon
1/4 cup almond flour
1 egg + additional egg whites
garlic
salt
pepper

Saute your diced onions. I sauteed them in bacon grease, but use whatever you like! Then, put your pork in a bowl, add the spinach, flour, egg, egg whites, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix it up! Then, put it in a pan. I used mini loaf pans. It made 4 pretty sizeable loaves. Once you put it in the pan, put a slice of bacon on top. Bake it at 400F for about 25 - 30 minutes. Keep watch of it! Then turn it to broil for about 5 minutes to crisp up the bacon. Then take it out of the oven and eat the shit out of it.

ENJOY!



Don't let the picture scare you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!