Sunday Funday!

Happy Sunday Funday People! I have had a very good weekend, thank you for asking! It has been low key and very needed. I didn't end up racing in the Spartan Race which was a bit sad but it meant I got to go to Crossfit and work on some more lifts which is super cool in my life! I would like to update you that my front squat PR (personal record FYI) is 185 pounds. I managed to overhead squat 105 pounds which is pretty cool but failed at 205 pounds for my back squat. It pissed me off because I know I could do it, just lost form and was tired. Anyway, you guys don't want to hear about that crap. I love it but let's not let me go on and on and on... Silliness. (BUT I LOVE IT FYI)

Weekend recap: Friday started with crossfit and I got to see Michelle was a quickie date on Friday which was lovely, and also got a visit in with some family friends. I went to Crossfit and  then got to watch a bit of rugby on Saturday. I watched my old team kick ass and win City Finals playing against the other team I used to play for back in the day. SO GOOD! YAY RAMS! I'm proud of you ladies! There were quite a few playing that I got to play with. I'm so lucky, they are great players and I admire that they are still out there - they are ALL older than me and still kicking ass. What an inspiration! Then, Jana and I hit up  the Stampeders Football game. It was a good time. Stamps won! I'm sure I don't need to tell you but I generally go for the beer and the company. I don't care too much about the game! Jana is my "Everything Friend", so we got some good girl time - YAY! Then today, I picked up my lovely friends Stacy and Kristy from the airport. The jerks just spent a week in Barbados! So jealous!! They took me out for brunch to an AWESOME WICKED place called Blue Star Diner. It was delicious! I need to go back. I had the Pulled Pork Hash and drank WAY too much coffee (I'd give up beer before coffee FYI), then I got my nails done which makes me feel super girly (I've decided since my hands are gross from weights, my nails need to be pretty), and coffeed with Allison and am now waiting to meet up with Jackie for some dinner! I'm looking forward to it because I'm cooking! I've missed my kitchen and this week, I actually got some time in it which has been f*&$ing great!

Now, (drum roll please) for this weekend's creation! Again, a rip off from my girl crush's blog. I did the no sugar thing ALL week and am back on it today. Saturday was my cheat day so I wanted to make something delicious to cheat with and wow, did I ever! I gave 3/4 of them away but ate a 1/4 of the tray myself. I couldn't help it! I made some mods to it, ENJOY!

Sticky Apple Bars - find the original hereCrust
12 medjool dates, pits removed
1 cup almond butter
1/4 cup Honey 
1/4 cup Unsweetended Shredded Coconut 
1/2 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt

Topping
3 apples, cored and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate 
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of salt

Put all of the ingredients for your crust into the food processor. Once blended, press into a pan. I used an 8 X 8 pan. Put in the fridge or freezer and let harder. Now, heat a skillet, and add your apples and coconut oil. Cook the apples until soft, add the nuts, coconut cream and cinnamon and salt. Then put on top of your hardened crust and try to flatten it down a bit. I sprinkled the top with coconut. Then put them in the fridge and let harden. Then cut them and stuff your face! :)





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!