Feel Good = Do Good = Look Good!

Hola Everyone! Happy Monday! Today, was the last Monday at my current job! Next Monday, I'll be starting both a new job AND turning 29!! (And I reiterate, I take presents...I'm heavily food motivated as well..**HINT, HINT).

So, I came across this post today and I laughed my a$$ off. I really think you should read it. Hopefully, you have the same sense of humor as I do and then you can appreciate it more! haha. I sent it to Jackie and told her it reminded me of some of her pep talks she's given me! And it also reminds me that we all shouldn't fret so much! If you're being good to yourself and taking good care of yourself, then who the hell cares!? Yes, admittedly the guy might come across as a bit of, in my friend Kendra's words, "Delta Bravo" but the point is there!
Anyway, I suppose I went on this random post reading because well 1) work was slow and 2) because I'm currently struggling with some body image issues. Most of my friends know this about me - I definitely struggle with my big bum and my "thunder thighs" (I remember the first time I was called this was in Grade 6 gym class by a guy who I'm still friends with haha). Both have served me very well in playing rugby and now in my crossfitting but shit, sometimes... buying jeans and trying on bathing suits is a rather demoralizing task. UGH. I know I'm not the only person holding this sentiment. So, what I've been trying to do lately is, not give a f&^$ about it. I mean, take care of myself and continue being active but don't be so hard on myself. I am painfully hard on myself - I know that, and it's definitely not fair to me! I want to be able to do pull ups, lift heavy things and run my ass off. I want to be able to get on a rugby field (someday again maybe?) and be strong enough and fit enough to play. I want to be able to keep pushing myself and getting stronger and get faster and just enjoy it! I like the way I'm more energetic. I like the way my body feels... So WTF is the problem! Feel good = look good! Everyone knows happy people look better! I mean I've heard "Look good = feel good = do good" but really I think it's "Feel good = do good = look good". That's my 2 cents people!!!

Oh and one MASSIVE piece of news - my wife aka roommate for several years aka Jessie had her baby boy! WELCOME Cohen! He arrived about 10 days early just as his mommy had hoped. He's healthy and beautiful! Can't wait to meet him! xo

In other news - had a brunch on Sunday. Totally dropped the ball and failed to document it with a picture essay. But, the girls as always did AWESOME. We ate the following:
  • Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Bake - I added bacon, and yes, it's her blog again. I love her recipes, like A LOT
  • Land of Nod Cinnamon Buns (Brittany, welcome to brunch!)
  • Bacon - a ton of it because 2 people brought it! :)
  • Sweet Potato Muffins
  • Gluten Free Raspberry & Cinnamon Scones
  • Scones from Cobbs Bakery
  • Fruit Salad
DELISH!!!!

Recipe updates to come soon! See a picture of something I ate below.... Shrimp Salad with sundried tomatos, kalamata olives, articoke hearts, sauteed mushrooms and onions - weird, maybe? I don't care. It tasted good.

YUM!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Feelin' Festive