Happiness Is....

That title is deep, hey? It's been a good weekend - just to give you the boring play by play - here's how it happened:
1) Friday - work with nothing special to report. Did I mention that I am terribly satisfied in my new gig? LOVE the work. There is no doubt that I've chosen the right profession. I went to spin class after work where the spin teacher kicked our a$$es. She's awesome. She runs the joint and she has this ability to make you feel so special and like she's known you forever and that you're actually friends, when in actuality, she's not your friend and she's running a business. But really, those are the sorts of people I want to give business to. She knows what she's doing - I'll keep buying! After spin class, I headed to Jackie's where she made me delicious fish tacos. That recipe is A-MAZING. Jackie, you do good stuff! And make me laugh really hard. You're AWESOME.

2) Saturday - woke up nice and early. I made myself some Pumpkin Pancakes (I got a free pumpkin from Safeway and have SO.MUCH.PUMPKIN). They were delicious. I put some coconut spread on them and drank a coffee while reading a cookbook. This was all done before 730am since I had Part 2 of the most boring class ever as well. After class, I came home and made a turkey meatloaf that tastes like stuffing. I LOVE IT. I didn't take pictures and can't even write the recipe because it was a mash up but this is what was in it: ground turkey, cranberries, pumpkin, egg, sage, salt, pepper, onions, garlic.... Then, met up with a great group of ladies to check out a concert. The band was called Plants and Animals. They were good!! I love, love, love live music! :) The song "Lightshow" is my fav at the moment. Listen to it NOW. 
3) Sunday - productive day!! And my favorite day of this weekend. I am currently writing this with the warmest fussy feeling ever. I'm going to start backwards.... I just had my little sista who I just adore, her boyfriend and my 2 cousins over for dinner. I for one, love hosting dinner!! I made them roast beef, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, asparagus, gravy and yorkshire pudding and they had oatmeal butterscotch cookies for dessert. We played "Shoot, Shag or Marry" for about an hour of their 3 hours here. I suppose you're wondering what that is - well....you choose 3 celebrities and then say which you'd shoot, shag or marry. Seems easy right? It's pretty funny depending on the combos of people you choose. Anyway - it was so great to have them over. I'm feeling unbelievably thankful for them. And super motivated to host another dinner. Happiness is: hosting dinner for ones you love! (at least for today anyway)
Ok - so to start - ran 6km this AM with some hawt mamas who are running a half marathon next weekend. There was no way I wanted to long run with them so when I heard they were tapering and doing 6km with coffee after, I couldn't say no! Then,I came home and made these. I also did prep for dinner, made some muffins which were a total fail...why? Texture was off, I put in too much nutmeg and there wasn't enough pumpkin taste to them and they were supposed to be pumpkin muffins. NO DEAL. Then, I met Jessie and her little guy Cohen for a quick coffee. He was a bit fussy, but super good to see her! I'm so proud of her. He's so cute and he has these little dimples to die for. I can't wait to see them again! He's changed so much since the last time I saw him! It's insane how quickly those babes grow! 

Time for a recipe! Here you go... the original is listed but this is one with modifications made to it. ENJOY. They were good!

Chicken Pumpkin Curry Mini Burgers, original here
Approx 1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup almond flour

1 egg
1 cup spinach, chopped
1/2 white onion, diced
approx 2 tablespoons curry powder

1 - 2 tsp of ginger, minced
1/4 cup pumpkin
salt
pepper


Saute your spinach and onion. In a bowl - put in your chicken, pumpkin, egg, flour, spices and ginger. Add your sauteed spinach and onion. Mix it up really good. Make it into patties. Fry them up in some cooking oil until done all the way through. EAT THEM. 
Review: mostly delicious. I would have added more pumpkin and would have added more ginger. YOUR CALL THOUGH! I don't know your taste buds. 

I need better pictures
Have a super happy Monday my peeps! I love that we had an extra hour today. Check ya later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!