Feelin' Festive

LG!!
HEY YOU GUYS! I'm feeling much better thanks for asking! The hives have finally cleared. It's quite an improvement. I'm going to chalk it up to Liquid Gold aka LG. What the eff is LG, right??? Well, Saturday night after 3 delightful margaritas and some delicious beef tacos from Anejo, Andi dragged Jackie and I into a natural health store called Medicine Buddha. I was so desperate for some reprieve from the itching that I asked the store owners for anything that would help cure the itch of my hives. A wise and healthy looking man suggested that I take some LG. It came in a 1 litre and 2 litre bottle and he let us all have a sample. It doesn't taste good. It doesn't look pretty. BUT, all 3 of us bought a bottle at $24.95 and felt a whole lot healthier for it. To be fair, looking at it makes me want to vomit but once you get it in you, it's not nearly as bad you would anticipate. GO Liquid Gold! I am now on Day #4 of the "program" and am anticipating some positive reports from my counterparts. We agreed to have a weekly check-in on Saturday. I EXPECT they've been downing 1 ounce of that sh*t too. 

Ok, so onto cooler things..... On Sunday I hosted a (drum roll please) COOKIE EXCHANGE!! It was A-MAZING. So, you know how I've been hosting brunches, this sort of took it's place. The girls once again outdid themselves! I baked a few things and then had 12 (or 13) fabulous ladies come on over with their baked goods. I didn't really think about execution but it was pretty casual. The rule was - take as many as you bring and sampling was encouraged. While the girls took, I still some how ended up with an a$$ load of cookies. I'll try my best to remember all the wondrous creations:
Cookie Exchange!

  • Santa Thumbprint Cookies
  • Rocky Road Bars
  • Graham Wafer Chocolate Bars 
  • Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies
  • "Grinch" Cookies (Mine. They were just chocolate chip cookies colored green)
  • Truffles (Yes, AGAIN. Had to cater to my allergic peeps...but I rolled them in colored sugar and coconut for a more festive feel)
  • Mini Apple Pies (OMGSOGOOD, pastry to die for)
  • Lemon Drop Cookies
  • Cookie Dough Balls
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Oatmeal Cookies
  • Ginger Crinkles
  • Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins
  • Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • A few store bought cookies
  • Oreo Cheesecake Peppermint Truffles (Don't know the real name but a FAN FAV!!)
  • Sugar Cookies (mine again, you can find the recipe here - it's tried and true)
  • Sugar Cookies - Sri even painted pants on the little men! Pants! SO CUTE
This was a fantastic success - THANK YOU LADIES!! Again, you all are so awesome. I feel very blessed! Next brunch will probably be Valentine's, and I believe it will be the 1 year anniversary of the get-togethers! It's so amazing that this is becoming a growing tradition. It started with less than 10 of us and is growing. Even all the new mommies showed up with their babies! What cute kids! I love being an Auntie! :)

Oh and one other very cool thing - ADOPT-A-FAMILY. All of the girls donated money towards this cause. We raised quite a few bucks. It'll be fantastic to be able to give someone a very Merry Christmas! I LOVE THIS.

This Christmas season is shaping up to be a very happy one! To top this off - my lovely co-worker who I super love brought me a bag of shortbread. She makes 2 different kinds and WOWEE....That's good stuff! One is light and fluffy and almost melts in your mouth, the other is a little harder and slightly crunchy and is also so, so, so good! I'm pleased I know so many people that know how to cook and share it! 

Anyhows, off to bed I go! Crossfit kicked my a$$ the last 2 nights after a week off. LOVE TO YOU ALL. Oh, and a little shout out to Rebekah tonight! She read the blog, got inspired and made some badass Pumpkin Chili. While I can't take credit for creating it, I CAN take credit for spreading it. TTFN (ta, ta for now). xoxoxoxox
Pretty Sights Like This Make Me Like Winter

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!